Back to Back Healthy Cookie Recipes for Any Diet
Joanne has been baking professionally for 25 years. A talented recipe and product developer, she has crafted desserts for hotels, restaurants, and gourmet grocers across the world. Joanne developed Cookie Chips® Baking Mixes for bakers who wants professional results at home using the same high-quality ingredients she uses in her professional kitchen.
To join our mailing list and never miss a recipe!
Literally the Best Vegan Cookies
Are you ready for the ultimate vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe? Look no further because this recipe is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth while also being guilt-free! These cookies are vegan, meaning no eggs or butter were used in the recipe, and they are also made with unbleached all-purpose flour, making them a healthier option.
You'll want to dive into these cookies fresh out of the oven. Make sure to wait and let them set up first. Then enjoy the best vegan chocolate chip cookies ever! 😊😊
But, don't be fooled by the "healthy" label, these cookies are still sinfully delicious! For the dairy, we subbed in Miyoko's Vegan Butter and added a flax egg in place of a chicken egg. The secret ingredient is high-quality chopped 70% dark chocolate, which adds a rich, complex flavor that makes your taste buds dance. Trust me, even non-vegans will be impressed by these cookies!
The best part about these cookies is that you don’t need any special baking skills or special equipment. If you have a mixer, go ahead and use it. If you don’t, don’t worry. You can mix these up by hand, literally. Or, with a spatula.
One of the best things about vegan chocolate chip cookies is that they can be made with a variety of different ingredients, allowing you to customize the flavor and texture to suit your preferences. Some popular ingredients include nuts, dried fruits, and oats. This gives you the opportunity to experiment with different flavor combinations and find the perfect vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe that you love.
Tasty Pumpkin Seed Cookies Too 😉
The shredded coconut (a great source of healthy fats, fiber, and antioxidants) is my go to for this healthier cookie recipe.
So that’s what we did with the second recipe in this article. We added in pumpkin seeds, sliced almonds, & unsweetened shredded coconut to these crunchy chocolate chip Cookie Chips®. Pumpkin seeds are high in zinc, magnesium, and healthy fats, while sliced almonds are a great source of protein and healthy fats. And shredded coconut is a great source of fiber, healthy fats, and natural sweetness. Plus, the coconut gives these cookies a little chew, keeping them crunchy on the edges. It’s a perfect snack, a great lunch box treat for the kids, and a delicious dessert after a great dinner.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab your ingredients and let's get baking! Both the vegan chocolate chip cookies and the roasted pumpkin seeds cookies will have you feeling happy, satisfied, and most importantly, guilt-free! Happy baking and bon appétit!
Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- In a small bowl, combine flax seed meal with 6 tbsp of water and set aside until flax absorbs water and thickens. About 10 minutes.
- In a mixer bowl, add chocolate chip cookie mix with flour, and cornstarch. Blend together.
- Add vegan butter and with paddle attachment, blend until the dry mix is moistened and no large lumps of vegan butter remain. It will be crumbly.
- Add the flax seed mixture and mix on low speed until dough forms.
- Add chocolate chips or chopped chocolate and blend until completely combined.
- Scoop dough onto a parchment lined sheet pan and refrigerate overnight. You can bake them right away, but they will be best if you rest the dough.
- Pour melted dark chocolate over the cookie sheet and spread it to the edges. Refrigerate to set.
- To bake, preheat the oven to 350 F. Bake for 12-13 minutes. Until the edges are golden brown.
- Once you remove them from the oven, use a large round cookie cutter and tighten up the shape of the cookies by circling around the edges until the cookie is uniform.
Made with high-quality ingredients, including unbleached wheat flour, real sugar, and semi-sweet mini chocolate chips. Just add butter and an egg and enjoy freshly baked healthier for you cookies. 👩🍳🙌
Heart Healthy Pumpkin Seed Cookies
- Preheat oven to 325 F or 300 F for convection oven.
- Place baking mix in a mixing bowl and add coconut, almonds, & pumpkin seeds. Blend into the mix.
- Add butter and egg. If using a mixer, use the paddle attachment and blend together until dough is formed. If mixing by hand, blend together until dough is formed and no dry ingredients remain.
- Scoop dough with a small cookie scoop separating 2” apart.
- Bake for approx 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and enjoy.
The Best Recipes