Bakery Style Pumpkin Pie Recipe
THE Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe For Your Holiday Table
Founder & Executive Pastry Chef
NOV 15, 2022
For 25 years, Joanne has served as the Founder and Executive Pastry Chef at Hannahmax Baking. Known for her best in class reputation, Joanne and her baking company have crafted gourmet desserts for fine dining establishments, coffee cafes, hotels, & grocery companies across North America. In 2022, she launched the Cookie Chips® Baking Mix, a cookie mix that's shaking up home baking with its bakery quality results. In From The Pastry Kitchen, she shares her industry earned expertise with the home baking community.
This almost pumpkin pie from scratch is made with my pastry chef crafted cookie mix, and the filling is made with my secret pumpkin spice recipe which you'll find as you continue reading. See this post on Instagram.
How to Cook a Sugar Pumpkin.
What is in pumpkin pie spice?
A sugar pumpkin pie filling is the perfect complement to the cinnamon sugar pecan pie crust. It's sweet, crunchy, and absolutely delicious.
Pumpkin Pie Crust
Last, but not least is your crust. While I love a great pie crust, and there is no shortage of perfect pie crust recipes, I decided that the best pie crust this year for my pie would be a cookie crust. Not just any cookie crust, but a cinnamon sugar cookie crust.
The creamy sweet and spiced filling against the buttery & crunchy texture of the cookie crust with warm cinnamon notes will delight your Thanksgiving guests. It’s also easier to make a cookie crust than your traditional flaky pie crust. Check out this simple & easy pumpkin pie recipe and give it a try.
The Bakery Style Pumpkin Pie Recipe
This easy pie recipe calls for a pumpkin puree filling. Don't know how to make pumpkin puree? My favorite puree.
Pecans & a pastry chef crafted, cinnamon sugar cookie mix are the easy choice for my pie crust.
I've used this bakery style recipe for every Thanksgiving since I first created it, making it the family favorite. This is the best homemade pumpkin pie you'll try.
Cookie Crumb Pie Crust
• Cookie Chips® - Cinnamon Sugar, 1 bag, baked according to bag instructions.
• Whole pecans, lightly toasted - 1 cup or 4 ½ oz.
• Butter, melted - 3 tbsp or 1 ½ oz.
Pumpkin Pie Filling
• Pumpkin puree - 2 cups.
• Brown sugar - ½ cup.
• Large eggs - 2 eggs.
• Large egg yolk - 1 egg yolk.
• Sweetened condensed milk - ⅔ cup.
• Heavy whipping cream - ⅓ cup.
• Ginger - ½ tsp.
• Cinnamon - 1 tsp.
• Nutmeg - ½ tsp.
• Cloves - ¼ tsp.
• Vanilla extract - 2 tsp.
• Salt - ¼ tsp.
Pinch of black pepper - optional
1. Preheat oven to 325 F (or 300 F for convection).
2. In a food processor, grind baked cookies and toasted pecans. Pour into a bowl.
3. Add melted butter and blend well.
4. Line a pie pan (see * below) with cookie crust pressing into the sides and bottom tightly.
5. Bake for 10 minutes and cool while preparing the filling.
6. In a large bowl, add brown sugar and spices/salt blending together well. Make sure there are no lumps.
7. Add pumpkin, eggs, sweetened condensed milk, cream, and vanilla. Blend together well.
8. Pour filling into the pie pan up to the top of the crust.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 60-70 minutes. Filling will be slightly puffed.
10. Cool and refrigerate.
11. Decorate with freshly whipped cream and cinnamon or leave plain.
*Makes 2 - 7” pies or 1 - 10” pie (if you make a 9” pie you will have leftover filling for another dessert eg. You can make individual pies in a cupcake tin following the same instructions above. Spray individual cupcake sections with pan spray before adding the crust.
Crispy crunchy cookies in 15 minutes.
Make bakery quality, thin & crispy cookies in 15 minutes. These pastry chef crafted, easy bake Cookie Chips® are so delicious.
Like everything that I bake, this mix uses artisan, non GMO, simple ingredients, and no artificial junk.
Let's get baking!
Joanne Adirim, Founder & Executive Pastry Chef