How a Chef Makes Chewy Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
Deep dish chocolate pecan pie bars with a brown sugar glaze.
Founder & Executive Pastry Chef
NOV 3, 2022
For 25 years, Joanne has served as the Founder and Executive Pastry Chef at Hannahmax Baking. Known for her best in class reputation, Joanne and her baking company have crafted gourmet desserts for fine dining establishments, coffee cafes, hotels, & grocery companies across North America. In 2022, she launched the Cookie Chips® Baking Mix, a cookie mix that's shaking up home baking with its bakery quality results. In From The Pastry Kitchen, she shares her industry earned expertise with the home baking community.
How to store pecan pie bars?
This was super fun and easy to bake. Get your friends together, host a night of baking, or bake alone for some needed baking therapy. See the post on Tiktok.
Crunchy pecan pie bars with gooey chewy chocolate chip cookie bottoms. Brown sugar lovers definitely have to try this deep dish pecan pie recipe!
I chose the light to compliment the buttery brown sugar goodness of the chocolate chip cookie. You can’t go wrong either way. If you only have the dark corn syrup on hand, use it. It will be just as good.
It’s important to note that this holiday treat can be made dairy-free. The recipe provides all the ingredient swaps, like vegan butter, to create this dessert without any butter or cream. It’s super easy and the result will be just as delicious.
As the holidays approach, we are all looking for ways to make our celebrations a little more special. With their rich chocolate flavor and pecan-studded filling, these chewy chocolate pecan pie bars are the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving feast! They are easy to make, and they are sure to be a hit with your family and friends!
The Easiest Pecan Pie Bars Recipe
Recipe makes brown sugar pecan pie bars. Add brown sugar to the pecan pie filling and chocolate chip cookie bar.
Chocolate chip cookie dough is the best way to add more chocolate to these chocolate pecan pie bars.
This deep dish pecan pie recipe can be made with vegan butter.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
• Cookie Chips® - Chocolate chip, 1 bag, baked.
• All purpose flour - ⅓ cup.
• Brown sugar - 1 tbsp.
• Granulated sugar - 1 ½ tsp.
• Baking powder - 1 tsp.
• Eggs - 2 large.
• Unsalted butter or vegan butter, melted - 4 oz.
• Chocolate chips - ¾ cup.
Pecan Pie Filling
• Light brown sugar - 1 cup packed.
• Light or dark corn syrup - ½ cup.
• Unsalted butter or vegan butter, melted - 5 tbsp or 2½ oz.
• Heavy cream or coconut cream - 2tbsp.
• Vanilla extract - 1 tbsp.
• Eggs - 1 large.
• Pecan halves, toasted - 4 cups or 1 lb.
• Salt - ½ tsp.
1. Prepare a 9x9 pan with pan spray and parchment paper. Make sure parchment comes up the sides of the pan.
2. Preheat oven to 350 F.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine cookie mix, flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder and chocolate chips.
4. Add in eggs and melted butter and blend until moist dough forms. Press into the prepared pan evenly and bake for 30-35 minutes. Until a toothpick inserted comes out with moist crumbs and the middle feels firm to the touch.
5. Increase oven temperature to 375 F.
6. While the cookie base is baking, prepare pecan filling. Whisk in a bowl the sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, cream, vanilla and salt. Whisk in the eggs, then blend in the pecans.
7. Pour topping over the cookie base spreading evenly.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes until topping is rapidly bubbling across the entire surface.
9. Cool completely. Remove from the pan and cut into bars.
Crispy crunchy cookies in 15 minutes.
Make bakery quality, thin & crispy cookies in 15 minutes. These pastry chef crafted, easy bake Cookie Chips® are so delicious.
Like everything that I bake, this mix uses artisan, non GMO, simple ingredients, and no artificial junk.
Let's get baking!
Joanne Adirim, Founder & Executive Pastry Chef