The Artisan Peppermint Bark Recipe
Crunchy cookie crust, two layers of chocolate, and a crushed peppermint candy topping.
Founder & Executive Pastry Chef
DEC 17, 2022
For 25 years, Joanne has served as the Founder and Executive Pastry Chef at Hannahmax Baking. Known for her best in class reputation, Joanne and her baking company have crafted gourmet desserts for fine dining establishments, coffee cafes, hotels, & grocery companies across North America. In 2022, she launched the Cookie Chips® Baking Mix, a cookie mix that's shaking up home baking with its bakery quality results. In From The Pastry Kitchen, she shares her industry earned expertise with the home baking community.
Making peppermint bark at home is super easy. Follow my recipe closely, or mix it up. Either way, you won't go wrong. See the recipe on Instagram.
How to make peppermint bark?
Who makes Williams Sonoma peppermint bark?
Is Ghirardelli peppermint bark gluten free?
How can I fix peppermint bark when it separates?
How to cut peppermint bark?
This peppermint bark recipe uses crushed candy canes for the topping. My favorite peppermint candy is Atkinson's Mint Twists crushed peppermint candy.
Crunchy Cookie Peppermint Bark
Cookie Chips® holiday peppermint bark is the delicious treat to make during the festive season. For those who have had the classic Williams Sonoma Peppermint Bark Recipe, my peppermint bark kicks it up a notch. It's quick and easy to make, and sure to please your holiday crowd. Share it at the gathering, or munch on it at home!
To make this holiday bark, you'll need a few basic ingredients. My chocolate chip cookie mix, melted dark chocolate, white chocolate, crushed peppermint candy, and a touch of pure peppermint oil. With its rich and creamy flavor, your peppermint cookie chip bark is sure to be a hit this season. Let’s Get Baking!
The Peppermint Bark Recipe
This easy recipe makes peppermint bark that's super photogenic. Don't worry if your bark shatters, this holiday treats looks good anyway you serve it.
This holiday recipe is easy to make your own. Follow my instructions or do your thing. You can't go wrong!
How to make peppermint bark with two artisan chocolates and one delicious cookie crust. Top it with your favorite crushed peppermint candy.
Peppermint Bark Ingredients
• Cookie Chips® - Chocolate Chip, 1 bag, (or any flavor of Cookie Chips®).
• Unsalted butter, room temperature - 4 oz.
• 1 Large egg.
• Dark chocolate - 1 lb.
• White chocolate - 1 lb.
• Peppermint oil
• Crushed peppermint candy
There are all kinds of chocolates and peppermint candies to choose from for your own peppermint bark ingredients, but I cannot recommend Valrhona chocolate enough! It's rich, creamy, and ultra decadent.
1. Make cookie dough according to bag instructions with butter and egg. Add 1 tsp of peppermint oil to the dough when blending in the egg.
2. Scoop prepared dough and place on a sheet of parchment paper. Top with a 2nd sheet of parchment and roll the dough the size of a ½ sheet pan. Making the dough as thin as possible. Refrigerate for 15 minutes until firm.
3. Remove the top parchment paper and place the dough on a sheet pan.
4. Preheat the oven to 325 F. Bake for approx 12-15 minutes. You want the cookie to be dark brown. Don’t worry about the color. It will be covered by chocolate.
5. Remove cookie sheet from the oven and cool.
6. In a microwave safe bowl or over a double boiler, melt dark chocolate and white chocolate in separate bowls. You can add 1 tsp of peppermint oil to the white chocolate.
7. Pour melted dark chocolate over the cookie sheet and spread it to the edges. Refrigerate to set.
8. Pour white chocolate over the dark chocolate and spread evenly over the top.
9. Sprinkle crushed peppermint candy over the entire surface of the cookie bark. Refrigerate to set.
10. Break the cookie into shards and enjoy!
*The cookie peppermint bark may be crispy on the edges with a softer chew in the middle.
Crispy crunchy cookies in 15 minutes.
Make bakery quality, thin & crispy cookies in 15 minutes. These pastry chef crafted, easy bake Cookie Chips® are so delicious.
Like everything that I bake, this mix uses artisan, non GMO, simple ingredients, and no artificial junk.
Let's get baking!
Joanne Adirim, Founder & Executive Pastry Chef