Soft and Chewy Snickerdoodle Recipe
Simple easy baking recipe for those so yummy snickerdoodle cookies.
Founder & Executive Pastry Chef
May 24, 2022
For 25 years, Joanne has served as the Founder and Executive Pastry Chef at Hannahmax Baking. Known for her best in class reputation, Joanne and her baking company have crafted gourmet desserts for fine dining establishments, coffee cafes, hotels, & grocery companies across North America. In 2022, she launched the Cookie Chips® Baking Mix, a cookie mix that's shaking up home baking with its bakery quality results. In From The Pastry Kitchen, she shares her industry earned expertise with the home baking community.
When it comes to cinnamon sugar cookies, There's nothing better than our buttery, thin and crunchy Cookie Chips®.
The Best Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
Toasty snickerdoodle cookies in the oven.
Turning thin and crunchy into soft and chewy.
Bag your chewy snickerdoodle cookies to keep fresh.
• Cookie Chips® Cinnamon Sugar - 1 bag.
• All purpose flour, unbleached - ⅓ cup.
• Brown sugar - 1 tbsp.
• Granulated sugar - 1 ½ tsp.
• Baking powder - ¾ tsp.
• Butter, unsalted - 5 oz.
• Eggs, large, - 1 egg.
• Granulated sugar - ½ cup.
• Ground cinnamon - 1 tbsp.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. (325 F for convection.) Line sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. Place Cookie Chips® Cinnamon Sugar Baking Mix in a bowl or mixer with paddle attachment. Add flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, & baking powder. Blend together.
3. Add butter to dry ingredients and blend together on low with a mixer until butter fully coats the dry ingredients. Mix will look crumbly. (You can also do this by hand with a spatula).
4. Add egg and blend until a soft dough forms.
5. Scoop dough onto a sheet pan spacing about ½” apart.
6. In a separate bowl, blend cinnamon and sugar.
7. Roll each dough ball into cinnamon sugar and place back on the sheet pan.
8. Bake for approx. 12 to 13 minutes or until edges are golden brown and the center is still light. Cool and eat.
Pastry Chef Tips and Tricks
1. Scoop cookie dough into balls and refrigerate or freeze overnight wrapped in plastic wrap. This will help all the dry ingredients absorb the moisture and enhance the overall flavor of the cookie. The cookie will also be a bit thicker than if you bake the dough fresh.
2. Brown the butter. Be careful not to burn it. This will give you a whole new flavor dimension, a deliciously nutty flavor to your cookies.
Crispy crunchy cookies in 15 minutes.
Make bakery quality, thin & crispy cookies in 15 minutes. These pastry chef crafted, easy bake Cookie Chips® are so delicious.
Like everything that I bake, this mix uses artisan, non GMO, simple ingredients, and no artificial junk.
Let's get baking!
Joanne Adirim, Founder & Executive Pastry Chef