Chocolate Chip Cookies Nutella Puppy Chow Recipe
Whether Muddy Buddies or Puppy Chow, these Chex cereal sweet treats just got a lot better.
Founder & Executive Pastry Chef
APR 25, 2022
For 25 years, Joanne has served as the Founder and Executive Pastry Chef at Hannahmax Baking. Known for her best in class reputation, Joanne and her baking company have crafted gourmet desserts for fine dining establishments, coffee cafes, hotels, & grocery companies across North America. In 2022, she launched the Cookie Chips® Baking Mix, a cookie mix that's shaking up home baking with its bakery quality results. In From The Pastry Kitchen, she shares her industry earned expertise with the home baking community.
Puppy Chow Muddies Buddies with a light sprinkling of cocoa and powdered sugar.
Our recipe is a bit less traditional than the original. We're making muddy buddies without peanut butter, substituting with Nutella. Even though this is a Nutella recipe through in through, we still added extra cocoa powder with the powdered sugar to kick up the chocolatey flavor. This combination is out of this world, so delicious.
Make your puppy chow recipe (or Muddy Buddies) with any of our cookie mix flavors. We made ours with the crunchy chocolate chip cookies. Keep your Muddy Buddies Cookie Chips® in a resealable bag on the counter. We love to keep them in the refrigerator. It gives an extra crunch appeal.
Nutella Puppy Chow Recipe with Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yes, we're adding MORE chocolate to the Nutella coating.
Blend your chocolate chip cookies (or whatever flavor you're using) with the chocolatey Nutella spread.
The final step is to cover your muddy buddies cookies with a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
Puppy Chow Recipe Ingredients
• Cocoa powder, sifted - ½ cup.
• Powdered sugar, sifted - ½ cup, + more for dusting over.
• Semi-sweet or dark chocolate , chopped - 1 cup.
• Nutella® - ½ cup.
• Unsalted butter - 2 tbsp or 1 oz.
• Kosher salt - ½ tsp.
Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Ingredients
• Cookie Chips® Baking Mix, any flavor - 1 bag or 5 cups baked. (Make the cookies very small.)
1. Place Cookie Chips® in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, cocoa and salt. Add a gallon size ziploc bag.
3. Place chopped chocolate, butter, and Nutella® in a microwave safe bowl. Heat 30 sec at a time until chocolate and butter are melted. Blend well.
4. Pour mixture over Cookie Chips® and blend well until all cookies are fully coated. It’s okay if some of the cookies break up. The small pieces are yummy.
5. Transfer coated cookies to a ziploc bag with cocoa/powdered sugar and seal well. Shake well until cookies are fully coated.
6. Spread cookies on a lined baking sheet and dust over with more powdered sugar. Allow to sit at room temperature or refrigerate to fully set up.
Keep stored in an airtight container or ziploc bag at room temperature for up to 3 days or refrigerate for longer. These are best the day they are made.
This is a puppy chow recipe like no other. If you've tried chex mix muddy buddies, you'll absolutely love these. Gooey, chocolatey, and topped with powdered sugar. YUM!
Crispy crunchy cookies in 15 minutes.
Make bakery quality, thin & crispy cookies in 15 minutes. These pastry chef crafted, easy bake Cookie Chips® are so delicious.
Like everything that I bake, this mix uses artisan, non GMO, simple ingredients, and no artificial junk.
Let's get baking!
Joanne Adirim, Founder & Executive Pastry Chef