Easy Crunchy Crusted Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Our take on classic chocolate truffles. Make these bad boys dairy or dairy free.
Founder & Executive Pastry Chef
MAR 22, 2022
For 25 years, Joanne has served as the Founder and Executive Pastry Chef at Hannahmax Baking. Known for her best in class reputation, Joanne and her baking company have crafted gourmet desserts for fine dining establishments, coffee cafes, hotels, & grocery companies across North America. In 2022, she launched the Cookie Chips® Baking Mix, a cookie mix that's shaking up home baking with its bakery quality results. In From The Pastry Kitchen, she shares her industry earned expertise with the home baking community.
These ultra creamy, dark chocolate truffles are coated with crushed crunchy chocolate chip cookies. Yum.
What are chocolate truffles?
If you don’t want to bother with this, head over to Whole Foods or any store that has high quality chocolate. Look for quality dark chocolate bars that you can chop. It’s a good sign when the chocolate package says 70% - 72%, or anything in that range, a little higher or even a little lower.
My Easy Crunchy Crusted Chocolate Truffle Recipe
• Cookie Chips® Baking Mix | Chocolate Chip, baked & crushed - 1 bag.
• Heavy whipping cream or coconut cream - ½ cup or 4 fl oz.
• Dark chocolate - 8 oz.
• Kosher salt (not coarse) - a pinch.
1. Chop chocolate and place in a heat resistant bowl. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, heat cream with a pinch of salt just until it comes to a simmer. Remove from heat.
3. Pour hot cream over chocolate and let it sit for several minutes to melt the chocolate.
4. Whisk the chocolate or stir it gently with a spatula until it completely emulsifies and no cream is remaining.
5. Allow it to cool completely at room temperature or you can refrigerate it to firm up.
6. When the ganache is firm, with a small spoon or melon baller, scoop small balls of the chocolate ganache.
7. Roll each portion into a round ball.
8. Placed the crushed cookie chips in a bowl or on a plate. Roll the ganache in the Cookie Chips® crumbs until fully coated with a crust.
9. Keep truffles in the refrigerator in an airtight container. You can serve the truffles from the refrigerator.
10. Keeps in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Deliciously easy chocolate truffle balls coated in crunchy chocolate chip cookie crumbs. Quick, easy, party pleaser.
Crispy crunchy cookies in 15 minutes.
Make bakery quality, thin & crispy cookies in 15 minutes. These pastry chef crafted, easy bake Cookie Chips® are so delicious.
Like everything that I bake, this mix uses artisan, non GMO, simple ingredients, and no artificial junk.
Let's get baking!
Joanne Adirim, Founder & Executive Pastry Chef